I feel freaking GREAT! I think I may have finally found the perfect morning routine.
I’ve read a lot about different morning routines on the web, most of which included some type of exercise, breathing, meditation, affirmations, etc. I’ve tried most of them.
While it did make me feel good initially, after the novelty wore off, so did my motivation to continue…
I feel it is highly important to develop our own, original morning routine. Because once it’s our own, we value it a lot more and we’re much more likely to stick to it long term!
It doesn’t need to be something totally new, just pick things that resonate best with you and combine them into a unique piece.
I recently started doing cold showers and I’m extremely PSYCHED with the benefits I’m experiencing so far. I also started experimenting with nootropics, namely l-theanine and caffeine combination and the effect is just amazing.
So I thought, why not combine these things into my existing morning routine, which so far only entailed getting up early, drinking a healthy shake and walking to work. What followed was a state of bliss that I have not experienced in a long time.
This was my morning, 11.01.2016:
- Woke up at 7:00am
- Brushed my teeth, prepared and drank my favourite smoothie: 1 scoop of whey, 1 banana, 1 table-spoon of crunchy peanut butter and this time I added 1g of l-theanine and 100mg of caffeine into the mix.
- Did 4×20 (get it?) pushups, listening to my favourite Pendulum mix
- Went into the shower, turned it ice cold and swore like mad for about 3-4 minutes
- Dressed up, took a 40min walk to work
- Prepared a delicious breakfast consisting of eggs, fresh mushrooms, cottage cheese, chia seeds bread and mixed salad (see picture)
- Felt like I was on drugs
Combine that with great weather and Mondays suddenly don’t suck that much any more. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I felt such controllable jolt of energy, coupled with a sense of relaxation and readiness to take on the world!
To your success,